Shiatsu is a traditional hands-on Japanese healing art. It can help in a wide range of conditions – from specific injuries to more general symptoms of poor health. Shiatsu is a deeply relaxing experience and regular sessions may help to prevent the build up of stress.
The philosophy underlying Shiatsu is that Ki flows throughout the body in a series of channels called meridians. For many different reasons Ki can stop flowing freely and this then produces symptoms.
Common conditions which have been helped by Shiatsu include:
- helps aid sleep
Your Shiatsu practitioner will consider your state of health, the symptoms you are experiencing and depending on your constitution and general energy levels, will use a variety of techniques to improve your energy flow. These may include gentle holding, pressing with palms, thumbs, fingers, elbows, knees and feet and when appropriate, more dynamic rotations and stretches. As the quality of Ki changes, the symptoms associated with a lack of flow will gradually improve.
Guidelines for receiving Shiatsu
Please bring or wear loose, warm, comfortable clothing, preferably cotton, e.g. sweatshirt, tracksuit trousers and cotton socks. Do not eat heavily in the two hours prior to treatment. Do not drink alcohol before or after treatment. If at all possible avoid strenuous or stressful activities after your session.
What to expect in a Shiatsu treatment
- Each session lasts approximately one hour. The first session may be slightly longer since your practitioner may ask for details of your current state of health, any medical conditions, history, and lifestyle. The practitioner may take written notes.
- You remain fully clothed at all times. The session usually takes place on a padded mat or futon at floor level, although it is possible to receive Shiatsu seated or on a treatment couch.
- Your practitioner will treat your whole body by using finger or palm pressure or sometimes, if needed, using knees, elbows and feet.
- Shiatsu can involve rotation and stretches of joints and limbs.
- Following Shiatsu, due to the body’s natural healing process, there can be a feeling of increased vitality and you may feel invigorated yet relaxed. To experience the full benefits you may wish to rest for an hour or two after having received Shiatsu.
email@example.com Mobile Number 078 132 79511