Physiotherapy is a science based profession that helps people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, electrotherapy, education and advice.
We strongly believe in patient’s being involved in their own care, we aim to educate you about your condition, why it occurred and how to prevent it returning.
Physiotherapy works for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
Conditions we treat:
|Sports injuries||Climbing related injuries|
|Strains, sprains and fractures||Neck and back pain|
|Shoulder and knee pain||Joint replacements and post op rehabilitation|
|Work related injuries||Repetitive strain injuries|
|Joint pain and arthritis|
Treatments we offer include:
- Manual therapy including joint mobilisation and manipulation, soft tissue release and massage
- Exercises and postural or lifestyle advice
- Taping of joints and injured tissue
- Acupuncture for pain relief
- Electrotherapy – Ultrasound, Interferential, Pulsed electromagnetic energy
- Traction for neck and back
What should you bring to a session?
Aside from a positive attitude you should bring the following items to one of our physiotherapy sessions.
- Suitable clothing e.g shorts, strappy top
- Glasses (if needed) to read forms
- Any relevant medical history you may have
- Membership and authorisation number if treatment is funded through private health insurance.